Facts about Pablo Escobar that you must know:
1. He had SO MUCH CASH, that rats ate almost $1 Billion of his money each year.
2. Pablo Escobar’s Medellin cartel, was spending $2,500 per month on rubber bands just to hold all their cash.
3. At the height of its power, the Medellin drug cartel was smuggling 15 tonnes of cocaine per day, worth more than half a million dollars, just to the United States.
4. By the mid- 1980’s, Pablo Escobar was one of the most powerful men in the world. In 1989 Forbes magazine listed him as the seventh-richest man in the world with a personal wealth of close to $25 billion. He could kill anyone, anywhere, anytime.
5. Near the small north-western Colombian town of Puerto Triunfo, Escobar purchased 20 square kilometres of land which included Hacienda Napoles. He built there a zoo, a lake and other things for his and his family’s recreation.
6. Escobar had the image of a Robin Hood among the poor people. He spent millions on parks, schools, football stadiums, hospitals and churches in western Colombia. He even distributed money to the poor through housing projects and other civic activities.
7. Escobar built his own jail because he did an arrangement with the government of Colombia and thus not be extradited to the United States.